Have You Laughed Today?
By: Brandy (Korman) Haslam
Is laughter good for your health?
Whether you’re riding in a one-horse open sleigh, sledding, caroling, baking cookies or just hanging out with family and friends, the holidays brim with opportunities for lots of laughter.
The great thing about laughter is that it’s not only contagious, it’s also good for you in more ways than one!
When laughter is shared, it brings people together and increases happiness and intimacy. Better news – it also help boost your immune system, relieve stress and protects the heart among other things.
Here are five reasons to laugh out loud this holiday season:
- Laughter improves your immune system
- It relieves pain by producing natural painkillers
- Increases personal satisfaction and helps deal with difficult situations
- Improves your mood, lessens depression and makes you happier
- Relieves tension and aids in relaxation
Bottom line – fill your days with laughter this holiday season and beyond and you will be happier and healthier too!