Latissimus Dorsi Flap Breast Reconstruction
Latissimus flap breast reconstruction uses skin, fat and muscle (latissimus dorsi) from the back, beneath the shoulder blade area. The tissue ("flap") is brought around to the chest to create a new breast.
- The latissimus flap uses skin, fat and muscle from the back to create a new breast
- The flap is tunneled under the skin and into the chest to create a new breast
- Many patients also require a tissue expander for additional volume
- The procedure leaves a scar on the mid-back region below the shoulder blade
- View latissimus flap before and after photos
- To learn if you are a latissimus flap candidate or to schedule a consultation, please contact us here or call us on (800) 692-5565.