If Any Of The Following Apply To You, You Are A Candidate For Prophylactic Mastectomy:
- a positive test for a genetic mutation that predisposes to breast cancer (eg BRCA1, BRCA2, PALB2, CDH1, PTEN, or TP53)
- several family members who developed breast cancer (including mother, sister, or daughter), especially before age 50
- a particularly aggressive or invasive breast cancer
- high risk histology on biopsy (eg “invasive lobular” disease or “lobular carcinoma in situ”)
- multiple tumors in the same breast
- very young age at the time of the first breast cancer diagnosis
- chest radiation before age 30
In patients undergoing mastectomy for breast cancer, prophylactic mastectomy of the other breast can be performed at the same time, or any time later. The best timing for the prophylactic surgery depends on the patient’s clinical situation, overall treatment plan and preferences.
Hear From Our Patients
Oh what I would give to have found PRMA before my mastectomy, prosthesis, implants and 6 plus years of not being satisfied. I thank God every day for bringing PRMA into my life and I thank them for doing what they do so well. My wish is that PRMA reaches as many women possible early on so they too can benefit from the amazing work that they do for breast cancer patients. I promote PRMA every chance I have!
I would like to say is throughout the whole procedure from the first procedure, to the second procedure, to my final procedures I never felt less than a woman. I like my breast, and so the entire time I never felt like I was not a woman at any point. So definitely I would recommend PRMA to anyone and everyone.
I’m super excited and love the results and feel amazing. I want to let anyone listening to this know that I had the worst anxiety before my surgery thinking of everything you can imagine. I can say that this was 100% the right choice for me I love the way that I look. The process was much easier than what I expected.
I knew I wanted to have a mastectomy, but I didn’t know about breast reconstruction. Dr. Ledoux gave me ALL the options I had, and I really appreciated that!
Schedule Your Consultation
Get personalized breast reconstruction recommendations from our board-certified plastic surgeons.