Finding A Breast Reconstruction Revision Surgeon That is Right for You
Every plastic surgeon differs substantially in their level of expertise, experience, and the techniques they may use. If you are considering breast reconstruction revision surgery, it is important that you carefully select your surgeon.
Here are five tips to help you pick the surgeon who is right for you:
– Learn about your surgeon’s experience: Selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon who does these procedures regularly is essential. Find a surgeon who is willing to listen to your concerns and discuss the results you desire to see. Ask specific questions about the techniques the surgeon will use and what you can anticipate both before and after surgery. Find out how long the recovery process will be so you can prepare ahead of time.
At PRMA, our board-certified plastic surgeons regularly perform breast reconstruction revision surgeries utilizing a range of industry-leading techniques.
– Check out their before and after photos: To get a better idea of the work a particular surgeon does, request before and after photos of previous patients with similar circumstances to yourself. This will give you an accurate representation of what results you can expect from your own procedure.
No results will look the exact same, however, looking at before and after photos can help you decide whether or not you are satisfied with an individual surgeon’s work.
– Read patient testimonials: Reviews are a helpful resource to find out what you can expect at a specific plastic surgery institution. You can search for these reviews on sites such as Google, Facebook, Yelp, and RealSelf.
– Consider traveling: Your location could potentially limit your options for breast reconstruction revision surgery. At PRMA, we routinely cater to patients traveling to San Antonio for breast reconstruction revision surgery. We are happy to assist you in making any travel arrangements required to make your stay as easy as possible.
– Schedule a consultation: Consultations are an excellent way to ask questions, determine whether you are comfortable with your surgeon, and find out if they are a good fit for you.
At PRMA, we are experts in microsurgical breast reconstruction and have over 25 years of experience. We would be more than happy to evaluate your needs and provide you with our medical recommendations. Reach us at 800-692-5565 or schedule a consultation with one of our breast reconstruction specialists today.
“To me, this number represents how many strong women I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and hopefully helping in their breast cancer treatment and reconstruction journey,” shares PRMA Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Ramon Garza III.